Proverbs 1:20-22 says wisdom is calling out:
- The very Word of God, The bible is God's revelation to us, His wisdom, counsel, way for life. Psalm 19 says His word is perfect, reviving the soul; sure, making wise the simple; right rejoicing the heart; and pure, enlightening the eyes.
- The Spirit of God reveals, searches, illuminates, gives understanding, instructs and gives Christians the very mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:6-16)
- Those living ahead of us and have gone before us. Those saints of old who have scribed their life lessons with pen and paper - read their pages. The people around you, seasons ahead of you with grey hairs and lines on their faces marking the years of their lives and the lessons learned - seek them out.
- Suffering - frees you, detaches your hold on temporary things, teaches you what matters, gives birth to eternal perspective and new values. Don't let suffering slip through your days without letting it refine and grow you in wisdom.
- At the "height beside the way" - along your way, above your steps - wisdom is there.
- At the "crossroads she takes her stand" - where choices are made between two things, two ways: this or that, here or there - wisdom is there.
- "Beside the gates" - where cultural decisions are made, in your leadership, in your influence - wisdom is there.
- At the "entrance of the portals" - in your coming and going, when you are changing places, choosing the places you’ll go to - wisdom is there.
- Choose a few wisely - choose less to listen to/read and dive into those well.
- Discuss with others - Share what you are listening to, reading, your thoughts, criticisms, spur each other on and challenge each other, challenge the norm, the values of culture.
- Choose your Bible - it is not merely information but "alive and active' (Heb. 4:12). God's Words are identical to His actions. When He speaks He does. His words and actions are one in the same. Consider Psalm 119 to read King David’s love letter to the very Word of God - oh that we would value, cherish, and live by His words.
When the garden of your life is planted in the soil of God's wisdom, you can't help but produce good fruit.
Posted in: on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 0 comments