Posted in: on Friday, December 23, 2016 at 0 comments
Proverbs 1:20-22 says wisdom is calling out:
- The very Word of God, The bible is God's revelation to us, His wisdom, counsel, way for life. Psalm 19 says His word is perfect, reviving the soul; sure, making wise the simple; right rejoicing the heart; and pure, enlightening the eyes.
- The Spirit of God reveals, searches, illuminates, gives understanding, instructs and gives Christians the very mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:6-16)
- Those living ahead of us and have gone before us. Those saints of old who have scribed their life lessons with pen and paper - read their pages. The people around you, seasons ahead of you with grey hairs and lines on their faces marking the years of their lives and the lessons learned - seek them out.
- Suffering - frees you, detaches your hold on temporary things, teaches you what matters, gives birth to eternal perspective and new values. Don't let suffering slip through your days without letting it refine and grow you in wisdom.
- At the "height beside the way" - along your way, above your steps - wisdom is there.
- At the "crossroads she takes her stand" - where choices are made between two things, two ways: this or that, here or there - wisdom is there.
- "Beside the gates" - where cultural decisions are made, in your leadership, in your influence - wisdom is there.
- At the "entrance of the portals" - in your coming and going, when you are changing places, choosing the places you’ll go to - wisdom is there.
- Choose a few wisely - choose less to listen to/read and dive into those well.
- Discuss with others - Share what you are listening to, reading, your thoughts, criticisms, spur each other on and challenge each other, challenge the norm, the values of culture.
- Choose your Bible - it is not merely information but "alive and active' (Heb. 4:12). God's Words are identical to His actions. When He speaks He does. His words and actions are one in the same. Consider Psalm 119 to read King David’s love letter to the very Word of God - oh that we would value, cherish, and live by His words.
When the garden of your life is planted in the soil of God's wisdom, you can't help but produce good fruit.
Posted in: on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 0 comments
When I stared into this cloudy pool of water I realized how cloudy by heart, mind and perspective had become because I was neglecting time in the Word. When I am overwhelmed with an exhausted mind I can choose idleness of heart and mind rather than that which will pour life into me, being in the Word. When idleness creeps in my perspective gets clouded because of failing to pour into my heart and soul that which breathes life and fail to often see what things are dropping in my mind that I need to remove. Allowing things of the world to drop in my life when not being saturated in truth begins a slow subtle drift like algae slowly covering the walls of my heart and mind no longer allowing me to see life clearly. Discouragement, anxiousness and doubt creeps in my cloudy vision. When I grow weary and despondent I get more focused on entitlement rather than calling. My perspective turns narrowly inward focus and I no longer am flowing with life to give to others. Eternal perspective is anchoring for me and when I lose sight of that I’m prone to be discouraged and give up rather than persevere. I need the Holy Spirit overlooking the water of my soul reminding me and empowering me to do the work to clean it out again by letting the Word pour into me so I can be a life giving flowing fountain.
and satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
then shall your light rise in the darkness
and your gloom be as the noonday.
And the LORD will guide you continually
and satisfy your desire in scorched places
and make your bones strong;
and you shall be like a watered garden,
like a spring of water,
whose waters do not fail.
And your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt;
you shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
you shall be called the repairer of the breach,
the restorer of streets to dwell in.
Isaiah 58:10-12 ESV
Posted in: on Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 0 comments
Posted in: on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 0 comments