Your Great Name


Hanging on our wall are these seemingly silent letters. They call me to stop and listen to Jesus. Choose the good portion (Luke 10:41-42). Stop and listen. Trust who I am. Wait on Me. Be satisfied in Me. Step in my leading.


My heart is filled, steady, and unwavering when I dwell on Who God is; when I choose to dwell there. When I choose to dwell elsewhere I see the distracting waves pulling me down.


His steadfast character engraved on my heart and etched into this wood. To make Him known.
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we TRUST IN THE NAME OF THE LORD OUR GOD...Your name, O Lord, endures forever, your renown, O Lord, through all generations." Psalm 20:7; 135:13


These are some of the Lords names and characteristics most significant to me. As I pressed these letters into the pine wood, they were being pressed and inscribed deeper into my heart.


We are the indwelling of His name to make Him known.


In the book of Deuteronomy over and over again God tells the people of Israel...when you get into the promise land, do not set up an altar or any other worship place except "to the place that the Lord your God will choose, to make His name there"...over and over  (Deut. 12:4-5,11,13-14,26; 14:23; 15:20; 16:2,11; 18:6; 26:2) yet 10 of the 12 tribes are led astray by Jeroboam to set up alternate worship places, to do their own thing. When we leave the land intended for us we leave the Lord's intended provisions, protection, and purpose. When we pursue our own agenda we loose sight of what matters, of what is lasting and fulfilling.

I want to make His name known, not my own. As His image-bearers - what are you reflecting? What are you making known about Him?

Who is Jesus to you? What draws you to Him? Do you dwell on those things? Tell others about Him? Make Him known!

"cannot fully fathom the unchangeable, unconquerable, immoveable, irremovable, unwavering, untiring, unflinching love of God"


"Your Great Name" by Natalie Grant

1 comments:

  1. This is amazing! You could sell these. What a beautiful daily reminder.